Is 5 mins or core a day enough?
Yes. Just five minutes of exercise at a time may be beneficial to your health in many ways. If you’re still not sure it’s enough, try doing one of the workouts in the section above.
5 Minute Core Workouts for a Quick, Effective Routine
A strong core is essential for good posture, balance, and overall physical health. And while long, grueling workouts can be a great way to strengthen your core, they can be time consuming and challenging to fit into a busy schedule. That’s why many people are turning to quick and effective core workouts that can be done in five minutes or less.
These compact workouts can be done nearly anywhere and anytime, making them great for squeezing in a few extra reps on a busy day. Here are five core workouts that can help you build strength, tone your body, and improve your overall fitness.
1. Reverse Crunches: Start by lying flat on your back. Place your hands on your thighs, engage your core, and lift your legs off the floor. Bring your knees to your chest, squeeze your core, and slowly lower your legs back to the start position. Repeat for up to 10 reps.
2. Supermans: Begin by lying face down on the floor with your feet together and your arms extended in front of you. Engage your core and lift your chest and arms off the ground as you reach forward. Return to the starting position and repeat for up to 10 reps.
3. Glute Bridges: Start by lying flat on your back with your feet flat on the floor and your feet hip-width apart. Drive your hips up toward the ceiling and squeeze your glutes and core at the top. Return to the starting position and repeat for up to 10 reps.
4. Standing Bicycle Crunches: Begin by standing tall and extending your arms in front of you. Bring your left elbow to your right knee as you extend your right leg out behind you. Return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite side. Continue alternating sides for up to 10 reps.
5. Plank Variations: Start by getting into a high plank position. Hold the posture for 30 seconds and then switch to a side plank for 30 seconds, switch sides and repeat. Return to the high plank position and hold for another 30 seconds.
With these five core exercises, you can quickly and effectively strengthen your core and improve your overall fitness. All of these exercises can be done in just five minutes or less, making them perfect for adding into your regular routine. Plus, they can be done nearly anywhere, making them ideal for squeezing in a quick workout while you’re on the go. Try incorporating a few of these moves into your next routine for a quick, effective core workout.