How can a man build a strong core?
Some of the most effective ways to build core strength are through compound movements such as squats, deadlifts, shoulder presses and pull ups. Performed correctly, these exercises will help strengthen your core along with the rest of your body.
The Best Core Exercises for Men
As men, there is no denying the importance of having a well-developed and strong core. A man’s core is the power source for almost all of his activities from day-to-day life such as standing and walking to physical challenges. A strong core is more than just having a ripped midsection, it also helps improve posture and mobility. So, developing a strong core should be a major focus when it comes to your exercise routine.
Luckily, there is plenty of core exercises to choose from when it comes to targeting the entire core. We have assembled a list of some of the best core exercises for men that will get you results fast.
1. Planks: Planks are one of the most well-known and effective core exercises, and they can be done anywhere. Planking increases core strength, balance, stability, and posture. Whether you plank on your forearms or full arms, you can adjust the intensity of planks by adjusting the duration or by doing multiple reps.
2. Bicycle Crunches: Bicycle crunches are a dynamic, full-body exercise that targets your core muscles, as well as your arms, legs, and back. This exercise is great for improving balance, stability and mobility. To really get the most out of the exercise, make sure to rotate your torso with each crunch to fully engage your core muscles.
3. Side Plank: A side plank is a great exercise for targeting your obliques, which are the side muscles of your core. To do it, lie on your side with your arm fully extended, then lift your body up off the floor by putting your weight on your elbow and foot. To get maximum benefit from the exercise, hold for 20 to 30 seconds and then switch sides.
4. Leg Raises: Leg raises are one of the most effective core exercises to do. This exercise will challenge your entire core, specifically the lower abdominals. To do the exercise, lie flat on your back and raise your legs to the sky straight above your hips. Return to start position and repeat.
5. Ab Wheel Rollouts: Ab wheel rollouts are one of the best and most challenging core exercises. This exercise engages your entire core and also works other muscles such as your arms, shoulders, and back. Start on your knees and with both hands on the ab wheel, slowly roll forward. Return to start position and repeat.
By incorporating these five core exercises into your regular fitness routine, you should experience a more chiseled midsection in no time. These core exercises can also help you lift heavier weights, as well as reduce your risk of back, neck and shoulder pain caused by an imbalance in the muscles. So, make sure you include them in your workouts for optimal results.